Paula Youmell is a functional medicine practitioner, natural health educator, and Wise Woman Nurse®. Paula’s newest book, Weaving Healing Wisdom, offers readers “a friendly, confidence-building mode of coaching calculated to serve the wellbeing of readers at all levels.
The book has been praised by educators, medical professionals, and health practitioners as the single best guide to ‘letting go and letting be,’ while at the same time learning to deal effectively with stress, illness, poor eating habits, and injury, both physical and emotional.”
As we kick the Holiday season into high gear, which seems to start with Halloween, many of us are in a constant state of fight or flight – one of the least healthy places for our sympathetic nervous system.
Mindfulness & Weight Loss
- “Mindfulness is just a way of keeping yourself present in the moment,” thinking about what is happening without emotion, and then being able to function from a place of action.
- How can you act consciously and fully around a situation, instead of reacting to it like you normally do?
- Being aware of how you’re functioning in the world, and how you are making your choices, makes creating a weight loss plan much easier.
- “The Path to Easy Weight Loss”
- We should also try to be mindful while we are eating – especially while we are chewing.
Paula’s 15-Minute (or less) Mindfulness Routine
You can download Paula’s routine as a printable PDF, including five easy yoga poses you can incorporate, by clicking this link.
“When we start building conscious awareness around our breath, we start building tools of mindfulness.”
Do you want more to empower yourself through healthy living? Is your busy lifestyle an obstacle to your health? Join The Rebel Health Coach community for the support and knowledge you need for better performance, better business and a better you!
Disclaimer: The activities and research discussed in these podcasts are suggestions only and are only advised to be undertaken following prior consultation with a health or medical professional. Fitness training, nutrition, and other physical pursuits should be tailored to the individual based upon an assessment of their personal needs.
Production & Development for Rebel Health Coach by Podcast Masters