Today we are joined by Lisa Jackson, author of Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive. Seven Steps to Optimal Health and Founder of Carpe Diem Wellness.
Lisa is tired of the ‘revolving door’ of U.S. health care. As a country, we spend more than $2.8 trillion on healthcare annually – yet we are only ranked 41st worldwide in health and a whopping 80% of healthcare dollars go to treating chronic illness that can managed, treated, and prevented through lifestyle changes.
It’s an old, broken model that is both economically and physically unsustainable. We need The New Wellness Model: “The body naturally wants to provide homeostasis or balance and will respond to whatever nutrition or abuse you feed yourself with. The signs and symptoms of ‘dis-ease’ stem from the bodies attempt to communicate with you.”
Lisa’s book outlines a seven-step cycle that will help people get in touch with their bodies and pursue optimal health, over time. It’s not all about nutritional health – this cycle will also help you foster healthier relationships, careers, spirituality, and finances.
Seven Steps to Optimal Health
- Begin. Take an honest personal assessment. Recognize that the body’s self-healing and self-caring, with no judgement. What is your body trying to tell you?
- Grow. Commit to yourself and this process. You are going to make small, simple steps to help you meet your goals.
- Heal. We have to move from overwhelmed to empowered.
- Nourish & Nurture. Sometimes you need to have some healing before you can create a vision, and a vision is much more motivating and empowering than setting a goal.
- Learn to thrive. How are you your best self? The key is to practice self-reflection. You have to prioritize yourself. It might help to have a daily practice.
- Arrive. Measure and celebrate your success; don’t fall into the trap of beating yourself up over what you didn’t do. Focus on the good and build on that.
- Begin again. Once we start to relax, our brain opens up to all-new possibilities. Now you can start tackling bigger life goals.
You will learn more about Lisa’s approach, the seven steps to optimal health, and some really delicious recipes when you pick up a copy of Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive. Seven Steps to Optimal Health.
- Connect with Lisa: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive. Seven Steps to Optimal Health by Lisa Jackson
- Kick-Start to Wellness
- TEDTalk: “The surprising science of happiness”
Do you want more to empower yourself through healthy living? Is your busy lifestyle an obstacle to your health? Join The Rebel Health Coach community for the support and knowledge you need for better performance, better business and a better you!
Disclaimer: The activities and research discussed in these podcasts are suggestions only and are only advised to be undertaken following prior consultation with a health or medical professional. Fitness training, nutrition, and other physical pursuits should be tailored to the individual based upon an assessment of their personal needs.
Production & Development for Rebel Health Coach by Podcast Masters