The three steps to optimal health, and living a healthy life, are maximizing what is needed, minimizing what is harmful, and prioritizing an environment for healing.
And as it turns out, accomplishing these steps is actually surprisingly simple; We’re gifted with an amazing body that, when fed, nourished, and taken care of properly, will heal itself.
In part one of this three-part series, we’re going to focus on maximizing what our bodies need:
- We need to start by consuming the raw materials needed to function and heal our bodies: oxygen, water, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
- We know we need water, but how much? A quick shorthand is half of your body weight, in ounces. I weigh 180 pounds, so I should be drinking at least 80 fluid ounces of water a day.
- A lot of us don’t get enough of some key vitamins: You can find Vitamin A in milk, butter, eggs, and liver; Vitamin C in most fruits and vegetables, and Vitamin E in nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables.
- One easy practice to maximize your vitamin intake is eating in colors; the most colorful fruits and vegetables are often packed with nutrients.
- Antioxidants are chemicals that help stop or limit damage caused by free radicals, which prevents free radicals from causing damage to our cells. In addition, they help boost your immune system.
- If you are unable to naturally consume vitamins or minerals for whatever reason, you may need to use a supplement – but not all supplements are created equal. ConsumerLab.com is a great resource for finding quality supplements that will benefit your body, all based on independent test results, reviews, ratings, and comparisons.
- Proteins are the building blocks of life; every cell in the human body contains protein, so you need protein in your diet to help your body repair cells and create new ones.
And maximize yourself! Love yourself, and maximize the things you need to love yourself: meditation, relaxation, friends, and family – whatever it means to you to take care of yourself.
Download this Episode MP3.
Do you want more to empower yourself through healthy living? Is your busy lifestyle an obstacle to your health? Join The Rebel Health Coach community for the support and knowledge you need for better performance, better business and a better you!
Click here to join The Rebel Health Coach community now.
Disclaimer: The activities and research discussed in these podcasts are suggestions only and are only advised to be undertaken following prior consultation with a health or medical professional. Fitness training, nutrition, and other physical pursuits should be tailored to the individual based upon an assessment of their personal needs.
Production & Development for Rebel Health Coach by Podcast Masters