Chris Kramer, CHHC, AADP, is weight loss specialist and health coach, but that wasn’t always the case. We discuss how Chris stumbled into the health coach world, and how she helps people learn to cook for weight loss.
After having her third kid, Chris was just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, so she started focusing on nutrition and working out. It worked, but other people in her life who also wanted to get healthier were still struggling. She wanted to help make it easier.
So Chris attended the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and started working at a weight loss center, where she specializes in helping patients with the emotional side of weight loss.
One of the most important parts of a weight loss (and a healthy lifestyle), and often undervalued parts, is cooking. Chris helps people lighten up their favorite recipes, and introduces new tasty recipes, so they can cook healthily and eat happily.
How do you “lighten up” a favorite recipe?
- Substitute ingredients with something that has less sodium, sugar, carbs, or unhealthy fats.
- Reduce sugar, sodium, and fat (by up to half on some recipes).
- Reduce portion sizes. You can use smaller plates and bowls to encourage smaller portion sizes.
- Eliminate sugar, carbs, and condiments whenever they are unnecessary (i.e. Eat a lettuce wrap instead of a sandwich, or don’t add sour cream to your mexican food).
Head over to LivingLighterCoaching.net to find some of Chris’ recipes, and sign up for her newsletter for new recipes in your inbox every week!
- Learn more about Christine: LivingLighterCoaching.net | Facebook
- Join Chris’ Facebook group: Living Lighter and Healthier
- Check out Wildtree spices for tasty, healthy seasonings
Do you want more to empower yourself through healthy living? Is your busy lifestyle an obstacle to your health? Join The Rebel Health Coach community for the support and knowledge you need for better performance, better business and a better you!
Disclaimer: The activities and research discussed in these podcasts are suggestions only and are only advised to be undertaken following prior consultation with a health or medical professional. Fitness training, nutrition, and other physical pursuits should be tailored to the individual based upon an assessment of their personal needs.
Production & Development for Rebel Health Coach by Podcast Masters