Russ Jaffe is Founder and Chairman of PERQUE Integrative Health, LLC, a company that offers the world scientifically proven, integrative health solutions to speed the transition from sick care to healthful caring.
Dr. Jaffe has more than 40 years of experience contributing to molecular biology and clinical diagnostics. His focus is on functional, predictive tests and procedures designed to improve the precision of both diagnosis and treatment outcomes, and he has authored nearly 100 articles on the subject. He received his B.S., M.D., and Ph.D. from the Boston University School of Medicine, and completed residency training in clinical chemistry at the National Institutes of Health. Dr Jaffe was also honored as an International Scientist of 2003 by the IBC, Oxford, England, UK for his lifetime contributions to clinical medicine, biochemistry, immunology, methodology, and integrative health policy.
I was really excited about this interview because one of Dr. Jaffe’s key areas of study and treatment is the importance of keeping an alkaline environment in the human body – and the struggle to keep our bodies Alkaline is real in this acidic world that we live in!
Just a quick note: If you’re not familiar with the word, or it’s just been a long time since you took high school chemistry, alkaline is the opposite of acidic on the pH scale. So anything with a pH greater than 7 is alkaline.
The sad fact is that the majority of the food we eat nowadays is more acidic and acidic forming, meaning that the body will be at a higher level of Acidity after consuming it. And this isn’t entirely by choice. Most of the food available simply isn’t very healthy or biodiverse.
As a result, there are a lot of people walking around in a chronic state of acidosis. It’s like a ticking time bomb, leaving your body open to more illnesses and diseases.
Luckily, in his free Ebook, Joy in Living: The Alkaline Way, Dr. Jaffe details the seven fundamental principles behind the Alkaline diet:
- Eat a wide variety of fresh, high-quality whole foods; biodiversity is important!
- Eat 60-80% Alkaline-forming foods – if you want to learn more about which foods are alkaline, check out Dr. Jaffe’s Alkaline Food Chart
- Eat immune system-friendly foods (Based on Your LRA by ELISA/ACT™ Test Results)
- Get 60-70% of your calories from plant-based, complex carbs; 15-20% of calories from protein; 15-20% of calories from healthy fats (including plenty of omega-3 fats)
- Include probiotic and fermented (cultured) foods and drinks
- Eat plenty of fiber and water
- Eat healthier food combinations
- Learn more at www.drrusselljaffe.com
- FREE eBook: Joy in Living: The Alkaline Way
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Dr-Russell-Jaffe-203246906686079/
- Twitter: twitter.com/DrRussellJaffe
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/rmjaffe1/
Do you want more to empower yourself through healthy living? Is your busy lifestyle an obstacle to your health? Join The Rebel Health Coach community for the support and knowledge you need for better performance, better business and a better you!
Disclaimer: The activities and research discussed in these podcasts are suggestions only and are only advised to be undertaken following prior consultation with a health or medical professional. Fitness training, nutrition, and other physical pursuits should be tailored to the individual based upon an assessment of their personal needs.