1. Heat the oil in soup pot over low heat. Add diced onions for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring until tender and starting to brown.
2. Add the spices and celery and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock, lentils, and cooked beans. Bring to a simmer and add a tsp of sea salt and ground pepper.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes and check the lentils for doneness.
6. When the lentils are cooked, add the cooked rice, cilantro and parsley.
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning with sea salt & pepper.