Baked salmon with asparagus & roasted beets
Beets and asparagus are two vegetables that go wonderfully well with salmon and that tend to be forgotten in our day to day meals. This simple dish can of course be prepared with any fresh fish and vegetables. This recipe serves 4 people.
- 4 Fresh Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
- 4 tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
- 4 tsp Chopped Dill
- 16 Sprigs Fresh Asparagus, hard base removed
- 4 Medium Red Beets, cut into cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 pcs Heavy Duty Foil
- Preheat your oven to 500 F.
- Place a bed of beet cubes and 4 asparagus spears on each of the four pieces of foil, then top each with a salmon fillet.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tsp dill on top of each fillet and close the foil by folding the top, then pinching and folding the sides to form a little pocket so no steam escapes.
- Bake in hot oven for about 10 minutes for each inch of thickness of the fish.
- Make sure to check on the fish so it doesn’t get overcooked.
- Serve topped with some more of your favorite fresh herbs. More dill is perfect, but cilantro is also really good.