Basic Coconut Muffins
Funny Story about the recipe: My kids have never been real health nuts but I started making these 6 years ago just as an experiment and even my pickiest child loves them! I've made them as mini-muffins for a party and also for my friend who has a gluten-free child. Always a hit!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/8 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (honey agave or maple syrup can be substituted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon coconut milk or almond
- 2/3 cup blueberries, walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter and milk together in a food processor, vitamix or use a hand mixer and then add dry ingredients and blend until smooth (it will be a different texture than what you are probably used to with conventional flour.)
- Then add your mix in and pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Vegetarian Submitted by : Nancy Ristau
Leave a Reply