Butternut Squash Soup
Funny Story about the recipe : For those of you needing a warming food for the winter months, this recipe will do the trick. It is tasty, creamy and low in calories!
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil expeller pressed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger peeled and minced
- 2 apples Peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 butternut squash Peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 4 cups water with 2 chicken cubes or 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large pot saute' the onion and fresh grated ginger in 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Add to the pot and bring to a boil the 4 cups of broth. Add 2 apples peeled, cored and cut into cubes, and 1 full butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into cubes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until squash and apples are tender. Puree in blender or vitamix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste!
Dairy Free Submitted by : Judi Moore