Cinnamon Spiced Chai Matcha
Multiplied benefits with Matcha. If you want to maximize the health benefits of tea, Matcha tea is the powerhouse!
Servings: 1 Person
- 2 Cups water
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 2 tsp tsp high-grade Matcha tea
- 1/8 tsp Stevia can Substitute with 1 tsp of honey or agave
- 6 - 8 ounces warm or steamed coconut or almond milk
- Heat water in small pot until it just starts to boil. Turn water down to low, and add all ingredients except the Matcha and the milk. Allow to simmer for three to four minutes. Meanwhile, in another small pot, warm the milk on medium – do not allow it to boil.
- While your liquids are heating up, prepare four mugs or double-walled cups, and add ½ tsp of Matcha tea to each cup.
- Remove water from stovetop and strain it so just the water is available for the tea. Pour three ounces of the hot water over the Matcha tea powder in each cup, and whisk with a spoon. Next, top each tea mug with warm milk, and stir well to make it frothy (or use a frother if you’re serious about your chai tea!) You can add stevia, agave or honey if you like your chai sweeter. Serve warm and enjoy!
Variations include adding a ¼ tsp. of additional spices to the water or milk while heating. Choose one or several to add: vanilla; fresh ground pepper; turmeric; ground or fresh ginger; ground nutmeg.