- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 6 inch carrots peeled and cut into 1/2pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Rice of your choice I used sushi rice because I enjoy the sticky texture
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice following the package directions. While the rice is cooking, in a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is warm, add chicken, onion, chili powder, ginger, and coriander. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink. This takes about 5-7 minutes because the chicken pieces are so small.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add 2 TBSP of flour. Stir well and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Then slowly add coconut milk, peanut butter, and water.
- Stir over medium heat until it begins to boil, then add carrots and garlic. Cover and cook until carrots are at your desired consistency. I cooked this for about 15 minutes.
- Place rice on a plate and then place chicken mixture over rice. Serve with Naan and Sriracha.
Submitted by : Sadie Salazar
Leave a Reply