Immune Booster Garlic and Onion Soup
Servings: 4 People
- 2 White or Yellow Onions
- 4 Cloves garlic you are welcome to add more if you Lover Garlic
- 8 Cups Bone Broth may use vegetable broth also
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 1 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- To Taste sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulbs, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves of garlic. Using a sharp knife to cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic. Place the garlic heads in a baking pan, cut side up. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each exposed head, using your fingers to rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves. Cover the bulb with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until the cloves feel soft when pressed. Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Use a small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Slice onions and add them to a heated skillet with the olive oil. Cook onions on medium-high heat until they become translucent and begin to caramelize. Add broth and roasted garlic. Puree with immersion blender. Add the rosemary and bay leaf. Stir them in, cover, and let simmer for about ten minutes. Remove bay leaf and rosemary sprigs before serving.