Immune-Booster Onion Mushroom Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 5 Yellow Onions thinly sliced
- 16 oz Mushrooms recommended: Gourmet Blend – Bella, shiitake & oyster
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 2-3 TBSP gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin Mirin is a type of rice wine, sweet in flavor. Look for it in the ethnic foods aisle
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, mushrooms and sea salt.
- Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mustard and thyme, stir to combine.
- Cover pot, turn heat to low, and simmer for about 30-45 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add remaining ingredients (tamari, Mirin and pepper) and allow to cook another 15 minutes.
- Pour into soup bowls; serve hot
Leave a Reply