Mole Roasted Almonds
Mole roasted almonds with chocolate and chilies are the perfect crunchy and slightly sweet snack!
Servings: 4 Cups
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 Cups Raw Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons unrefined Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Ounces Dark Chocolate finely grated with a microplane grater
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Flaky Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir in almonds.
- In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, chocolate, cocoa powder, chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt. Using a slotted spoon, remove almonds from egg white mixture and place in the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine and coat the almonds.
- Pour the almonds onto the baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool. Once cool, store covered at room temperature.