Salmon with Red and Orange Vegetables
Servings: 2 People
- 2 King salmon (wild) fillets washed and patted dry, skin on
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and chopped small or minced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 bunch of kale chopped or torn into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 2 - 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place cubed butternut squash and chopped garlic in a plastic zip bag with 1 TBSP olive oil; close tightly and shake/massage bag until all cubes are well covered with oil and garlic is evenly dispersed.
- Pour into a glass baking dish and cover; bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until squash breaks easily when pierced with a fork. Keep covered and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into medium sauté pan. Add chopped red peppers and kale.
- Sauté on medium, stirring until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add the cooked pepper and kale to the butternut squash/garlic dish, re-cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pat dry the salmon very well to prepare for grilling or sautéing.
- For sautéing: Add 1 TBSP olive oil to clean pan and pre-heat on medium-high until oil is hot.
- Add the salmon fillets to the pan, skin side down, and immediately reduce the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle the salmon with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Halfway through cooking, add 2 TBSP lemon juice and 1-2 TBSP water. Cook on medium-low until salmon is light pink inside.
- When done, place the salmon fillets on a platter; drain the vegetables and place them around the salmon. Serve warm.