DIY Trail Mix
- 1 cup whole or sliced raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 -1 cup cup goji berries OR dried raisins OR dried cranberrie
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) if you like a “sweet and spicy” flavor!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or zip bag; shake well.
- Pour into smaller containers for an on-the-go snack to take on your walks, hikes, or even in carpool line!
You can substitute other raw healthy nuts, such as Brazil nuts, filberts, cashews – it’s YOUR trail mix! The key is to avoid ingredients loaded with sugar or unhealthy carbs.